Since today is Halloween, I will give you the top ten ways to get candy on Halloween and why these ways work.
- DRESS UP! If you knock on the door to somebody’s house and you’re not dressed up, then they’re going to think that you’re just there for candy ( which you really are but you don’t want them to think that, so you dress up).
- DRESS UP NICELY! If you dress up nicely then they think that you are darling. If they think that you are darling, they give you more candy.
- DRESS UP SCARY! If you dress up scary then you can show off! Especially if you tell them that it is hand made. Extra bonus: If you tell them you made it yourself. All these ways will give you lot’s of candy.
- DRESS UP SORT OF SCARY! If you dress up sort of scary (this is a very good way to get candy) then you can hide behind the bushes, sort of like a prank. When you see some little kids come up to the house, jump out and say the following: (Zombie) Uggh! Groan!, (Ghost) BOO!, (Witch) He he he he!, (Vampire) Give me your blood, YOUR BLOOD!, (Other) Whatever you want that matches the characters personality. The kids should drop their candy and run away. Then you snatch the candy and hide it in a bush. Warning One: Do not use this on people older then seven. Warning Two: Don’t dress too scary. Idea: If the kids are people you know, try to disguise your voice.
- STAY HOME! Your parents should have lot’s of candy.
- TALK! Tell people your family doesn’t have much money and you need candy from them to give to other people. Warning: Actually put the candy in the bowl. That way you can take some without lying.
- BUY YOUR OWN CANDY! Steps: buy two big bags of candy. Give one bag to your parents and tell them to use it for candy to give to trick or treaters. Take the other bag of candy, bring it to your room and put some warm pj’s on. Idea: Watch a movie too!
- PRETEND! Pretend that your house is the house of an old granny’s. Put a bowl outside on the steps ( I suggest a jack o’ lantern bowl) and write a note that says: dear kids, please put a piece of candy in this bowl. I have forgotten what candy tastes like. It should have messy handwriting. Warning: Only do this at your grandma’s house.
- DON’T WALK! Tell your parents your legs hurt and settle down to eat candy and watch a movie.
- HAVE A SLEEPOVER! Make sure that you have a sleepover at your grandparents. They should have plenty of candy, and since they don’t go trick or treating, you should be able to go outside when ever you want and get candy.